Things In The Life Of An Italian Child (S660b)
From: tom on 9/1/2009
Wow!!! How true. We're the last generation to share our past heritage.
you're not Italian some of these things may seem a little strange.
Per tutta la famiglia mia e gli amici, ti amo oggi, domani e sempre
To all my family and friends I love you today, tomorrow and always.
Things In The Life Of
An Italian Child
01. You have at least one relative who wore a black dress
every day for an entire year after a funeral
You spent your entire childhood thinking what you ate
03. Your family dog understood Italian.
Every Sunday afternoon of your childhood was spent
05. You've experienced the phenomena of 150 people
fitting into 50 square feet of yard during a family cookout.
You were surprised to discover the FDA recommends
You thought killing the pig each year and having salami,
You ate pasta for dinner at least three times a week, and
You grew up thinking no fruit or vegetable had a fixed
10. You were as tall as your grandmother by the age of seven.
11. You thought everyone's last name ended in a vowel.
You thought nylons were supposed to be worn
13. Your mom's main hobby is cleaning.
14. You were surprised to find out that wine was actually sold in stores.
15. You thought that everyone made their own tomato sauce.
You never ate meat on Christmas Eve or any Friday for that matter..
17.. You ate your salad after the main course.
18. You thought Catholic was the only religion in the world.
19. You were beaten at least once with a wooden spoon or broom.
You thought every meal had to be eaten
21. You can understand Italian but you can't speak it.
22. You have at least one relative who came over on the boat.
All of your uncles fought in a World War.
24. You have at least six male relatives named
Tony, Frank, Joe or Louie.
25. You have relatives who aren't really your relatives.
26. You have relatives you don't speak to. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
27. You drank wine before you were a teenager.
You relate on some level, admit it, to the Godfather
29. You grew up in a house with a yard that didn't
have one patch of dirt that didn't have a flower
or a vegetable growing out of it.
Your grandparent's furniture was as comfortable as
You thought that talking loud was normal.
32. You thought sugared almonds and the Tarantella
were common at all weddings.
You thought everyone got pinched on the cheeks
Your mother is overly protective of the males in the
35. There was a crucifix in every room of the house.
36. Wakes would be held in someone's living room.
You couldn't date a boy without getting approval
38.. You called pasta "macaroni".
39. You dreaded taking out your lunch at school
Going out for a cup of coffee usually meant going
41. Every condition, ailment, misfortune, memory loss and
accident was attributed to the fact that you didn't eat something..
42.. Those of you who get this . . . YOU KNOW who to pass it on to!